Bluehost Web Hosting Review & Price
Bluehost is a respectable and highly stable Web host that makes setting up a website a breeze. The features and the user experience are very similar to stablemate Host Gator & Godaddy, and the only reason I would suggest picking Bluehost over Host Gator & Godaddy is because of the former's array of security options.
The BlueHost Advantages
BlueHost have been around in the shared hosting game since more than 20 years since they were originally founded in 1996. Not only have they managed to stick around all these years while becoming one of the most well-known shared hosts worldwide, they've also successfully managed to keep their quality of service consistent through all these years, while overcoming a few minor hiccups along the way, like aggressive CPU-throttling and the likes.
BlueHost is your typical budget-friendly web host that offers a standard cPanel and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) setup for people who’re not looking for too many features. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what all features that they have on offer:
- Free domain (for 1 year) along with your shared hosting plan.
- Feature-packed cPanel – integrated with CloudFlare, Page Speed Grader, Google Apps and a lot of other tools. Their custom user interface looks a lot better than the regular cPanel default skin.
- Premium anti-spam solutions built right in cPanel.
- Free, unlimited email accounts for the top-end plan. Email storage is within your total account storage. There are some limits as to how many emails in an hour you can send, so if your site is demanding in terms of sending emails, use some third party solutions like Email Octopus.
- Automatic daily backups for all your website data, and stored files.
- Highly configured servers. Regular hardware upgrades. Replacement parts always ready for quick replacement in case of failed hardware.
- 24×7 Live Chat & Phone Support. The latter, especially, isn’t offered by most shared hosts out there.
- Hassle-free scalability allows you to upgrade your plan to a VPS or a dedicated server without having to face the hassles of moving your website.
- Account isolation technology isolates accounts having websites that consume too much resources, to ensure that the overall performance of the server doesn’t degrade and affect all customer sites on that server.
- Decent level of customization for a shared hosting plan – including SSH (Secured Shell Access), Server Side Includes, PHP.ini and .htaccess modification support.
- Multiple user-access control mechanism to assign multiples users and restrict their access to specific sections of the same hosting account (like one account may access only the billing section).
- Built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network) support with CloudFlare integration. Hassle free setup ensures that all your static resources load faster from CloudFlare’s worldwide CDN network.
- Unique IPs, SSL, and SiteLock protection are some optional features that are handy to have.
- 30-day Money-back Guaranty
- Other features which I probably haven't noticed yet.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Bluehost's hosting packages come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is standard fare in the Web hosting space. Bluehost is a respectable and highly stable Web host that makes setting up a website a breeze.
I’ve been with Bluehost for almost a year, I have a VPS with them, the uptime for the last 12 months is 100%, support is beyond good, they reply to me quickly usually within 5 minutes, Definitely have to shout out for BlueHost. I have three domains registered, with two active websites. Registering the domains was a piece of cake as was setting up the first website. The second was originally a WordPress free site that I moved to BlueHost. The transition was seamless.
I have personally visited more than famous hosting companies in US. Unlike many other companies doing support outsourcing, BlueHost is obviously the best one in many aspects. They have 2 standalone buildings (3-floors for each) with 200+ full-time employees and 400+ interns.
- Before I share the link to the Bluehost hosting, I want to make you aware of some of the silent features of Bluehost:
- Free Domain name
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Host unlimited Websites
- FTP access
- Shell access
- One click WP Installation
Who is Bluehost Best For?
- Customers who are looking for a reliable web host with a strong reputation. Bluehost is one of the oldest names in the business and has established trust.
- WordPress customers who are able to pay extra in order to get access to more features and a dedicated support team of WP experts.
- Owners of both large and small businesses. Bluehost is fine if you are on a budget and just want general-purpose shared hosting. Just watch out for the upselling.
Pros of Bluehost:
- Most plans include unlimited disk storage, domain hosting, email addresses, and bandwidth.
- You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase.
- The enhanced cPanel is really easy to use and offers fast access to features.
- The security features on Bluehost are flat-out excellent.
- Numerous databases are available, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI-BIN, PHP 5, Phython, Perl 5, Ruby on Rails, and much more.
- Tons of free website scripts are available, including social networking scripts, blog support, mailing lists, message forums, Joomla and Drupal and Tikiwiki.
- eCommerce features are good with multiple shopping carts available and SSL security.
- Most customers report that Bluehost is fast. Integrate with CloudFlare and you’ll get even better performance.
- If you can afford it, the WordPress hosting on Bluehost is considered to be top-notch.
BlueHost are one of the few web hosts that offer 24x7 phone, live-chat and email support. I've found their support department to be adequate at the very least, when it comes to answering general tech queries or looking up for site-specific issues.
The support response times aren't that impressive, however, and they varied quite a bit, from 10 minutes to an hour. The first response has been an auto-generated response in quite a few cases, too.
BlueHost couldn't remind me that they're actually a very cheap shared host when I tested out the other parts of their overall service, but support was an exception. I really missed the efficient, fast, 100% human-powered support that hosts like InMotion Hosting provide.